Businesses Save by Getting Multiple Quotes on Box Truck Insurance
Box truck insurance is an unavoidable business expense for couriers, expeditors, retailers, and movers. It’s something you have to have. But there are ways to save.
The single best way to save on box truck insurance is to get quotes from several agencies and pick the one that best suits your business. Easier said than done. Insurance agencies make getting a quote a drawn out process so that by the time you finally recieve a price, you’re so deep in that you accept their offer.
Well, with our Request 3 Quotes tool, you can make streamline that process and get three quotes at once. Just fill out one form and we take care of the rest. Best of all: it’s free!
Who Needs Box Truck Insurance?
Box truck insurance is insurance required of businesses that haul their goods directly to the customer. This includes mattress stores, furniture stores, appliance stores, and household goods movers. The types of trucks covered include:
- Cargo cutaway
- Ice box
- Moving Truck
- Reefer Truck
- Sleeper Box
- Tilt Cab
What Coverages You Need
The typical box truck insurance policy includes liability insurance plus other optional coverages. To learn more about which coverages your business needs, keep reading.
- Liability Insurance – Protects others from accidents caused by your drivers
- Bodily Injury – A part of liability insurance that pays for medical costs
- Property Damage – A part of liability insurance that pays for damage to vehicles and other property
- Physical Damage Coverage – Pays for repairs to your vehicles if they are involved in any sort of accident
- Collision – A part of physical damage coverage that pays for damages caused by wrecks
- Comprehensive – A part of physical damage coverage that pays for damages caused by vandalism, theft, fire, or weather.
- Motor Truck Cargo Insurance – If you are a moving company, you need this coverage. It protects the contents of your box truck while you’re transporting goods
- Non-Trucking Liability Insurance – A type of liability coverage that kicks in when your drivers are off the clock
- General Liability – A type of business insurance that protects visitors to your property
What Goes into Determining My Box Truck Insurance Quote?
Different companies use different equations to calculate your quote. The things they look at include:
The driving records of all drivers. A good record has no driving violations, no previous claims, and experienced drivers.
What coverages you want. The fewer coverages, the cheaper your price.
The value of your box truck. Calculated from your vehicle’s age, make, and model
The structure of your policy. Do you bundle your coverage? Agencies offer discounts for large fleets
Location. If you’re in a low risk area, your premium will be lower.
Area of Operation. The more area you cover, the more expensive.
Payment Plan. If you choose to pay in yearly installment, you will see your price drop.
How to find box truck insurance quotes online
To get three quotes from three different insurance agents, visit this page and enter your information. We’ll connect you with three agents and you’ll save!